Saturday, October 6, 2007

October 6, 2007 ME Day


Ok, originally I had planned to do a heavy squat day today, but I talked myself into trying the WOD on the PerformanceMenu site. Big mistake. First, back was a little sore from yesterday. I had to haul all my bumpers, chalk, etc..upstairs into the garage- pain in the *ss. Snatches were slow and did not have any "pop". Hit myself in the head with just 165, decided to call it quits on maxing on the snatch and c&j and try to salvage the day and do what I should have done in the first place- squats. After dragging everything back downstairs I hit exactly the weights I needed to do today-

BB Sqt 134/10 225/3 275/1 315/1 335/5 355/5 370/5

I knew that I should have stuck with my plan, but I enjoyed the PM workout so much yesterday I was tempted to try another one today. It was not a bad WOD on the PM site, but it was bad for a me- a 46 year old guy with marginal recooperative(sp?) powers. Will I repeat this mistake again- probably.

No comments: