Monday, April 7, 2008

Busy Weekend


As usual, and all of you are probably feeling the same. On Saturday the CrossFit mainsite WOD was looking for a Total (Squat, OHP, Deadlift) but I was looking at doing a few more reps and building back some strength that I felt I have lost over the past few months of doing only the WOD. I squeezed in some Trap bar deadlifts and OHPresses. This was between training a group in the morning, daughter's tennis match the rest of the morning, other daughter's soccer game early afternoon, training window!- then across town for an anniversary dinner (Congrats again, Willie and Susie!) to end the day.

Specific Warm-up

Went from one exercise to the next (A-B) rested 4 minutes between each couplet.

A. Trap bar deadlift 245/5 295/5 345/5 365/5 385/5
B. OHP 115/5 135/5 150/5 155/5 160/5

Still sore today (monday) from DL's. Had been a long time since doing any heavy dl movement....I could tell when pulling also.

Sunday's WOD was the pull-up ladder (1 pull up on the minute, 2 pull-ups on the next...etc... until you fail) Was going to do weighted pullups instead, this is a weakness, and I need more strength work versus high reps or ladders- did neither! another busy Sunday with tournaments and my son's confirmation!!!! Congratulations Connor! My daughter's team won another VB tourney also- Congratulations Alex! My kids are awesome and make me proud everyday!

No comments: