Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Catching up- again.....



Had to skip a day doing the Crossfit mainsite WOD, so on 3/29 had to do a two-a-day.

Airdyne: 6mins/2.25 miles/127 calories

Split Jerks from the frontal rack position (It seems many athletes mistake doing behind the neck jerks as the same as split jerk. You can do a behind the neck jerk with a split, but for most this is much easier because one does not have to circumnavigate the head.

Warmed up with many singles.... topped out at 235, and failed 5 times with 240, kept pressing these out front. Disappointed, yet I know what I need to do to correct this.

Fight Gone Bad

Old total- 307
New total- 363


3/31 Crossfit WOD called for Fran- I say NO! I need to squat! Too many metcons make me a week mofo, when it comes to pushing heavy iron. I really wanted to hit Fran (I must sub 5 mins or else!) but, I have got to mix in some max effort/low rep strength work. Last time I squatted significant weight was at the beginning of Feb (405x3) so I took it easy, and legs feel fine today- a day after.

Airdyne: 6mins/2.32miles/136 calories

Back Squats
135/5 185/5 225/5 275/5 325/5

No comments: