Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Great Certification!

Returned from the Crossfit Cert at GSX in Fort Worth and cannot seem to get back on track! Physically and mentally it feels like the "dead time" after a tournament or competition. I am sore all over. I was in great shape going in, but that did not seem to matter. I returned on Monday 2:30am (storms caused delays) and today (Wednesday) is the first day that I feel like training. Will write more about the cert later this week and post some pictures. At the cert, many individuals asked me whether I trained my athletes in strict Crossfit mode, or use a different approach. With my young athletes- strictly Crossfitting. Older trainees I tend to do more of a hybrid type workout, using what is available and taking into account what my clients want. That does not mean that I do no Crossfitting. On the contrary- Now that I am certified, I will be utilizing more WOD's per group. Here is an example of what I had a group of 50-55 males do this morning at 5:30am-

Warm-up (5mins)

Halo drill with 25lb plate
Lying band hip flexions
MB figure 8 passunders
MB jackknife

Each grouping/couplet is performed for 3-4 rounds

A.
Narrow grip BB Snatch x 5
Hip Flexion x 10+10
DB step-ups x 15

B.
Standing Press x 10,8,6,4
Hip Extension x 10+10
GluteHam Raise x 15

C.
Barbell pullover and press x 5+5
BB Deadlift and curl combo x 10
12" box jumps x 15

Mini- "Cindy" for 10 minutes (5 pullups/10 pushups/15 squats)

End with static stretching with jumpstretch bands

This is a pretty good example of how most morning are laid out. Is it perfect? No. Would I like to do it differently? That is the plan.

Here is a great motivational snipet from the movie " Facing Giants." Zach Evan Esch (sp?) has posted this and it has made the rounds on a few other sites- but it is a great clip....What are you willing to do? How far will you go? How many brick walls will you let stand in your way?


No comments: