Friday, February 15, 2008

Rest and Recovery


Today is a scheduled day of rest per the CrossFit WOD. I will either abide by this, or later this afternoon come up with a strength/metcon workout on my own. I have to take my son to a basketball tourney in Kearney, Nebraska and will not be able to hit Saturdays WOD- possibly making it up on Sunday with Sundays WOD if this is even possible. Rest and restoration, especially at 46 is especially important if one is to continue to make steady gains and remain somewhat injury free. I utilize contrast showers (warm and cool), static and active stretching, mobility drills, and foam roller work to help keep me going relatively pain-free. Check out the latest article found on the t-nation.com site by Dan John about restoration methods that he has employed.

http://www.t-nation.com/article/most_recent/recovery_methods_101

No comments: