Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snow Day!!!


Yikes! Just got the call that school is cancelled for tomorrow! We got a lot of snow today and it looks like we will be getting more tonight into tomorrow morning. I have been scooping most of the afternoon and evening, and I am sure it took something out of me tonight.....either that or I am just weak. Probably the latter. This is how it went-

Practiced full squat snatch
65/2 85/2 105/2 125/2 150/2
Left knee felt OK. Strained or tore something in this knee several weeks ago on the third rep of a 250lb clean. Substituted split cleans and split snatches until I feel the knee is back up to 100%.

CrossFit WOD "Joshie" as rx'd
3 rounds for time
40lb db snatch (full squat snatch) 21 right arm
21 L pull-ups
40lb db snatch 21 left arm
21 L pull-ups

Time- 33:57

This was a brutal WOD. Once again the temptation to cut the pulls or cheat a little on the pull-ups had to be overcome. It was hard not to keep staring at the clock and thinking of ways to cut time- but I did not, I stuck with good form on each rep and finished the workout.

Snow day for the kids, but training clients tomorrow and the Volleyball team tomorrow night! Cannot wait for Spring.

No comments: