Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Master's Mr. World Winner


From the Timesandstar.co.uk
MARTIN DELIGHTED AT BODYBUILDING TITLE
Last updated 19:28, Thursday, 27 November 2008

WORLD CHAMPION: Martin Yates-Brown competing at the Mr World competition in Slovenia
Martin Yates-Brown, 61, became world champion in the IBFA over-55s class – and said he was in the best shape of his life.

He said: “I am delighted to have won the competition, but especially because I am competing with men who are a lot younger.

“I am the fittest I have ever been and feel great when I go into competitions.”

This year Martin has also won the Mr Europe title in July and was runner-up in the Master Universe title.

He said: “It has been a great year for me. I have achieved everything I set out to.”

Martin owns and runs the Aspatria gym Brownz Total Fitness and said that when he eventually hangs up his trunks he wants to help others compete at the highest level.

He said: “I am still a fairly young person in terms of my fitness. Owning the gym is a great help to me.

“I have been doing a lot of training with Shaun Watson, who has also had a really good year.

“My time in bodybuilding won’t last forever and I want to get into developing local talent.”

No comments: